2-Way Control Valves
2-way valves are straightforward components that can help you save energy and money. These valves have an inlet and an outlet port, and are found in basic on/off applications as well as variable flow systems that experience changes in temperature, flows, and pressures. These valves can lower total operating costs by reducing absorbed pumping power and by running heating and cooling systems under variable speeds.
ANSI ISA-Certified Valves
Baelz two-way and three-way ANSI ISA-certified valves offer a complete line of actuator solutions, with emphasis on two major types: electric and pneumatic.
For some chilled or hot water applications, the 2-way valve is the ideal solution; with peak effectiveness occurring when the valve operates at 30% – 80% open. Operating the valve in this range will extend the life of the valve and help prevent damage to the valve.
How it Works: 2-Way Valves
- 3 main components: Valve body, Actuator, Spindle and Plug
- You can use pneumatic or electric actuation
- Available in many different diameters (15mm -300mm)
- Different size actuators are available for different size valve bodies.
- A 2-way valve can be used to control heating and/or regulate the flow and temperature.
- 2-way valves feature two ports — an inlet and an outlet port.
- Used for on/off applications.
- Easy to install
- Significant cost and energy savings
- Tight seal leakage protection
These valves are ideal for heating and cooling hot oil, water, and steam applications.
For example, if your operating temperature is at 300 °F, but you only want it to be at 250 °F, a 2-way valve can help make that adjustment using sensors. The valve would make any needed adjustments in the flow (e.g., pressure, temperature, stream) in order to keep the preferred temperature range.
- Municipal Steam
Contact Baelz NA for 2-Way Control Valves
Whether you’re considering using a valve for basic on/off applications or variable flow systems that experience changes in pressure, temperature, and/or flow, consider working with 2-way valves; not only do they allow for enhanced efficiency, they also bring about significant cost savings. Contact us to discuss your specific project.